Mobile Application End User License Agreement
This Mobile Application End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is a binding agreement between you ("End User" or "you") and AX Technologies LLC ("Company"). This Agreement governs your use of the iTouch Wearables mobile application (including all Company documentation, the "Application"). The Application is licensed, not sold, to you.
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR USING THE APPLICATION, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR USE THE APPLICATION AND DELETE IT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and nontransferable license to:
License Restrictions. You shall not:
- download, install, and use the Application for your personal, non-commercial use on a single mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you ("Mobile Device") strictly in accordance with the Application's documentation; and
Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Application is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Application under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Application in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Company and its licensors and service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Application, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
Geographic Restrictions. The Content and Services are based in the state of New York in the United States and provided for access and use only by persons located in the United States. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Updates. Company may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Application updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including Company documentation, "Updates"). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Company has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
- copy the Application, except as expressly permitted by this license;
- modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Application;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Application or any part thereof;
- remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Application, including any copy thereof;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Application, or any features or functionality of the Application, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Application available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time;
- remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Application;
- use the Application in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including any power generation systems; aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems; safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Application or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Application and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Third-Party Materials. The Application may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising ("Third-Party Materials"). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
Term and Termination.
- the Application will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
- you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
- The term of Agreement commences when you download or install the Application and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Company as set forth in this 9.
- You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the Application and all copies thereof from your Mobile Device.
- Company may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Application, which Company may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Upon termination:
Termination will not limit any of Company's rights or remedies at law or in equity.
Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO END USER "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, COMPANY PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
- all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
- you must cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application from your Mobile Device and account.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Application or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this Application.
Export Regulation. The Application may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Application to, or make the Application accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Application available outside the US.
US Government Rights. The Application is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Application as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect; provided, however, that if any fundamental term or provision of this Agreement, is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be unenforceable.
Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Application shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of New York in each case located in New York County. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Arbitration and Class Action Waiver.
- PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
You and Company agree this Agreement affects interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions. This Section is intended to be interpreted broadly and governs any and all disputes between us, including but not limited to claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory; claims that arose before this Agreement or any prior agreement (including, but not limited to, claims related to advertising, and any content available on or through any App or Company website(s)); and claims that may arise after the termination of this Agreement. The only disputes excluded from this broad prohibition are the litigation of certain intellectual property and small court claims, as provided below.
By agreeing to this Agreement, you agree to resolve any and all disputes with Company as follows:
Claims of Infringement (Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice). Company respects the intellectual property of others and requires that you do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA") , the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Company will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are duly reporter to its Designated Copyright Agent identified below. Company reserves the right to disable and/or remove access to the Site for users who are repeat infringers. terminate the rights of any user to access the Services if any such user is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers, or who Company believes, in Company's sole discretion, are infringing these rights. Upon Company's receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA, Company will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content in issue. Company's designated agent (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is: Legal Department, 1441 Broadway, 27th Floor, New York, New York 10018.
- Initial Dispute Resolution: Most disputes can be resolved without resort to litigation. You can reach Company at TermsOfUse@axnygroup.com. Except for intellectual property and small claims court claims, the parties agree to use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation with Company, and good faith negotiations shall be a condition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, Company will pay the additional cost. You are responsible for your own attorneys' fees unless the arbitration rules and/or applicable law provide otherwise.The parties understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
If you are a resident of the United States, arbitration may take place in the county where you reside at the time of filing. For individuals residing outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in the State of New York, United States of America. You and Company further agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any federal or state court in New York, New York in order to compel arbitration, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- Class Action Waiver: The parties further agree that the arbitration shall be conducted in their individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above shall be deemed null and void in their entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
- Exception for Litigation of Intellectual Property and Small Claims Court Claims: Notwithstanding the parties' decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may bring enforcement actions, validity determinations or claims arising from or relating to theft, piracy or unauthorized use of intellectual property in state or federal court or in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to protect its intellectual property rights ("intellectual property rights" means patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets, but not privacy or publicity rights). Either party may also seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court's jurisdiction.
- 30-Day Right to Opt Out: You have the right to opt out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending (from the email address you used to create your Account) written notice of your decision to opt out to TermsofUse@axnygroup.com with the subject line, "ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER OPT-OUT." The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of your agreement to this Agreement; otherwise, you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those paragraphs. If you opt out of these arbitration provisions, Company also will not be bound by them.
- Changes to This Section: Company will provide thirty (30) days' notice of any changes to this section by posting on the Services, sending you a message, or otherwise notifying you when you are logged into your account. Amendments will become effective thirty (30) days after they are posted on the Services or sent to you.
Changes to this section will otherwise apply prospectively only to claims arising after the thirtieth (30th) day. If a court or arbitrator decides that this subsection on "Changes to This Section" is not enforceable or valid, then this subsection shall be severed from the section entitled "Arbitration and Class Action Waiver," and the court or arbitrator shall apply the first Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section in existence after you began using the Services.
- Survival: This Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section shall survive any termination of your Account or the Services.
If you believe that content that you or a third party owns has been used via the Services in a way that violates your or someone else's copyright or other intellectual property rights, please provide us with the following information:
If you submit a notice of infringement that knowingly materially misrepresents that any content, information, or communication on the Services is infringing upon a copyright, you may be held liable for damages and attorneys' fees. If you believe that your content, information, or communication has been removed from the Services due to an erroneous claim of infringement, you may have remedies available to you under the DMCA.
Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.